The CBFSC Mission Team has set up two kinds of grants that it offers to congregations and mission partners: Project Grants and Partnership Grants. Please read the following descriptions carefully to determine which grants you are eligible for.
These grants, normally between $500-1500, are awarded to CBFSC partner congregations to help them realize a local missions project, event, or to start a new congregational missions initiative. You can use our online form to fill out your application or click here to download a PDF version of our Project Grant application
The partnership grants, up to $3,000, are designed to help CBFSC connect with mission agencies around the state. These grants are intended to help further enhance the ministries of these agencies whose mission practice is in line with the mission commitments CBFSC to cultivate beloved community, bear witness to Jesus Christ, and seek transformational development.
Requirements for the partnership grants are as follows:
- You must be an established organization with a leadership team, board of directors, or other leadership structure that meets regularly to guide the ministry and provide financial accountability.
- Use funds to further a ministry that compliments at least one of CBFSC's commitments to cultivate beloved community, bear witness to Jesus Christ, and seek transformational development.
- 501c3 Status preferred but not necessary
- Complete an annual partnership update
- Work within the state of South Carolina
- Be willing to allow CBFSC to use your organization's name and ministry in promotional resources These grants are awarded once a year.
The application period for 2017 partnership grants is now closed. Please check back this fall for details about 2018's grant opportunities.